JWT NY Serves as Cornerstone of Social Media Week
More than 3,000 attendees, 94 speakers (including one professional wrestler) and 19 events—this was the tally for what unfolded at JWT New York during Social Media Week (Feb. 7-11) #SMWNYC.
JWT was firmly in the center of the conversation as industry leaders discussed the role of social media in business, media and communications. Panels covered a broad range of subjects ranging from gamification to the future of location-based marketing to the role of storytelling using digital channels. Many of the panels found here: http://www.livestream.com/smw_newyork_jwt
Here are some of the highlights:
- JWT N.A. CEO/Worldwide Digital Director David Eastman Keynote/Social Gaming: http://bit.ly/f8qqzI
- How Social Dynamics are Reshaping Games: http://bit.ly/f8qqzI
- Gamify Me: How Game Mechanics Have Infiltrated Marketing: http://bit.ly/hkirdB
- Pay Attention: Social Listening Done Right: http://bit.ly/i4C93V
- Check In or Check Out: Avoiding Location-Based Nothingness: http://bit.ly/hPMkkY
- Creative Storytelling in the Digital Age: http://bit.ly/gVY0Hl
To date, more than 15,000 unique viewers have watched the events, held here at JWT, on livestream.com totaling 600,000-plus minutes watched.
During the week, there were more than 1,100 Foursquare Check-ins at JWT New York’s offices and the conversation on Twitter @JWTNewYork, (which flew past 3,000 followers), was lively and positive including:
- At the gorgeous @JWTNewYork HQ to be Gamified! Live tweets imminent.
- Even the elevators @JWTNewYork are cool.
- @saneel heard you said some nice words about our dataviz app for #smw11 at @JWTNewyork thanks!
- @tim_nolan I said it was utterly fantastic and should be its own event. Very nice work. Kinda want it permanently in @bbhnewyork lobby.
All in all, it was a fun, educational and informative week. Thank you to everyone involved.